Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Huachuca City (AZ)

Feb. 5, 2012 - Tom dropped me off at the Cowboy Poetry Gathering for the afternoon main stage performance.  He took off to shop and hang out in Sierra Vista.  I have really enjoyed my time at this wonderful event.  Arizona is celebrating their centennial this year - 100 years as a state on Feb. 14.  The Arizona people have a great sense of pride in their land and their history.  It truly comes out in the songs and stories I have heard throughout the weekend.  "I Love You, Arizona" is a beautiful song that I heard more than once over the past few days.  I think I'm going to like exploring this amazing state.

Tom went to the Club House to watch the Super Bowl game tonight while I took off to write and hang out in the RV.

No comments: