Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Huachuca City (AZ)

Feb. 4, 2012 - Back to the Cochise Cowboy Poetry & Music Gathering for a full day of music, poetry, and stories.  It all touched my soul and made me want to be a cowgirl!  Yip-pe-ti-i-ay!  I have never seen so many blue jeans, cowboy boots, big belt buckles, vests, cowboy hats, and mustaches being sported by the men.  The women were decked out in fancy skirts with fringe and cowgirl boots and leather vests and dangling earrings and cowgirl hats.  They were beautiful.  It was interesting to get a glimpse into the rancher's way of life.  It's a world so very different from the one I know.  I've always thought of cowboys as a rough and tumble kind of lot.  But their stories bring out the tender and loving depths of their human spirits.  I'm hooked.  I'll be looking for more Cowboy Poetry & Music Gatherings to go to in the future.

No comments: