Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Clinton (OK) to Lubbock (TX) - 315 miles

Nov. 5, 2011 - It was another full day of driving, but in strong winds today.  We’re seeing cotton fields and tumbling tumbleweeds as we travel through Texas.  We changed our route at Amarillo (TX) after finding out at a tourist information center that the weather at Albuquerque was cold and rainy.  So we headed south from Amarillo and made it to Lubbock (TX).  It’s warmer down here.  We’re seeing lots and lots of RVs on the road with license plates from Michigan and other cold winter states!  We’re the only ones traveling with two kayaks on top of the car, though.

Tom stopped by a cotton field today so I could pick a cotton boll.  When I was in sixth grade, my dad picked one while we were traveling Route 66 to California for a family vacation.  I had that cotton boll for a long, long time.  It got lost in one of our many moves.  Now I have one again.  Cooper found it on the dash, though, and started chewing it tonight.  I had to move it to a cupboard!

No comments: